The Historic Alexandria Foundation

Board of Trutees

Charles D Ablard
Ruth B. Apelt
Leslie Smith Ariail
Mason Montague Bavin
Michael T. Bradshaw
Morgan D. Delaney
John H. Guy, IV
Vance Hall
Mary Heiden
Elaine Johnston
Murney Keleher
Leland S. Ness
Gail Rothrock
Mary Kay Ryan
John H. Sprinkle, Jr.
Robert Weinhagen

Members Emeritus

William Seale
William French Smith

Officers

Morgan D Delaney, President
Michael Bradshaw, Vice President
Mary Kay Ryan, Corresponding Secretary
Vance Hall, Treasurer

Support Staff

Mary Sparks Sterling, Executive Director

Carlyle HouseThis albumen print photo of Alexandria with the railroad roundhouse in the center was taken between 1861 and 1865. It is in the collection of the Library of Congress.

Carlyle House Carlyle House, built by John Carlyle between 1751 and 1753, is currently owned and operated by the Northern Virginia Regional Parks Authority and has received numerous grants from HAF over the years.