Historic Alexandria Foundation (HAF) works to protect historic structures and artifacts associated with Alexandria, Virginia. Through advocacy, grants, awards, and recognition programs we encourage public participation and appreciation of our cultural heritage. Since its founding in 1954, HAF has raised many millions of dollars for surveys of historic architecture, protection of endangered buildings, restoration of museum properties, and conservation of important historical artifacts. Please join us in safeguarding – and celebrating – Alexandria’s rich cultural and architectural history
The Latest from HAF...
- Grant application deadline: May 1 » more
- Preservation Award nomination deadline: May 1 » more
- Laura Dowling flower arranging demonstration, Sunday, May 21, 5 — 7 pm
- 2017 Garden Party will be held at Major Jonathan Wilbor's home, 310 South Lee Street, Sunday, June 11, 4 — 6 pm. Grants and plaques will be awarded. Buy tickets now.
- Join us for Toasting Our Town, November 18 » more
- City of Alexandria purchases 517 Prince as a museum house » more
- William Seale presentation at 202 King Street, date TBA