- the types of information we collect through our Services
- how we use and protect that information
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to the websites of our franchisees or non-Historic Alexandria Foundation websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information you give us
Our Services may permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Contact and demographic information, such as your gender, ethnicity, date of birth, and if applicable, disability information, when completing forms or registering to use our Services.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email newsletters or phone number if subscribing to our text alerts.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
When you engage in a transaction using a credit or debit card on our site, we use a payment processor to process your payment. Historic Alexandria Foundation does not itself collect or store payment card information for transactions conducted through our site. We may, however, collect and temporarily store encrypted credit card data while orders are processed for in-person and over-the-phone transactions.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other parties:
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Services, or ads that we place on third-party websites, from online advertising companies.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Analytics about your interaction with our Services, including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our Services.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The types of cookies and tracking technologies our partners use can be categorized as:
- Analytics: These technologies help us to understand how visitors interact with our Services by collecting and reporting information about how you and your device interact with the Services.
- Personalized Advertising: These technologies allow us to serve relevant advertising to you on other websites or apps.
- Social Media: These technologies allow us to provide a user experience that is integrated with various social media platforms.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your information and any options they may make available regarding tracking.
|Analytics, Personalized Advertising||Google’s Privacy and Terms website|
|Social Media, Personalized Advertising||Facebook Data Policy|
|Social Media||LinkedIn Privacy|
Combination of Information
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information, we obtain from our business records.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our services, including taking steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, send service communications, and conduct general business operations such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits.
- To give recommendations, to deliver personalized marketing and advertising to you about our products and services, and to provide you with personalized service.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measure the effectiveness of ads.
- To comply with legal processes, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
- Social Media Platforms: If you interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms they place on your device. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls they make available to you.
- Government Entities: We may also share data where we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our Clients, or other individuals.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt-out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
Notice Regarding Participation in Financial Incentives
Historic Alexandria Foundation does not offer any rewards programs or incentives for the collection or sharing of data at this time.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes here, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Historic Alexandria Foundation
218 North Lee Street, Suite 310
Alexandria, VA 22314
Effective Date: 03/06/2023